Q&A with Young Moguls Founders Jordan Williams & Brandon IversonLast Updated: April 2, 2020
Never believe you can’t do something now while you’re young, take advantage of every opportunity that comes your way.
Brandon Iverson and Jordan Williams are teen entrepreneurs from Atlanta, Georgia. Brandon and Jordan started a teen financial education company called Making Money for Teens. Through MMFT, the duo produced an educational CD series and authored two books, Who Needs An Allowance? and the Teenpreneur Marketing Guide. Today, Brandon and Jordan travel across the United States speaking to schools, churches, and youth organisations on entrepreneurship. The inspirational entrepreneurs have featured in in several media publications including the Tom Joyner Radio Show, Steve Harvey, FOX and PBS.
The teen entrepreneurs founded the Young Moguls Brand in the summer of 2014. It is an urban clothing line that promotes teen entrepreneurship and positivity through trendy wear.
11 Questions for Founders of Young Moguls Brand Jordan Williams & Brandon Iverson
Brandon Iverson and Jordan Williams have taken time out of their schedule to talk to AGENT about their business, their goals and work life balance
1. Briefly tell us how you first got into business, and describe your business goals.
2. What age were you when you realised you wanted to run your own business?
3. Who are your business icons and inspirations?
Some of our favourite business icons are Elon Musk, Warren Buffett, Sundar Pichai, Gary Vaynerchuk, and Rich Paul. We learn a great deal from studying each of these individuals and their various career experiences. They inspire us to think outside the box and make business moves that create a unique impact.
4. What has been your biggest challenge in business, and how did you surmount it?
Our biggest challenge was raising capital to launch our company. We were both 16 years-old when we started Young Moguls Brand, so we didn’t have a large amount of funds to pay for expenses such as manufacturing, website hosting, copyrights and trademarks, and various other fees. We decided to use crowd funding to obtain the funding that we needed. We had many generous supporters who were willing to donate money to our company in order to help make our vision a reality.
5. Work-Life balance: is it possible? How do you achieve it?
6. What is the first thing you do every day?
7. What screen saver picture is currently on your phone?
8. What is the most important app on your mobile phone, and why?
9. What is the last thing you googled?
10. What item do you never leave the house without, and why?
11. What advice would you give to your younger self starting out in business?
Some advice we would give to our younger selves starting out in business is never believe you can’t do something now while you’re young. Take advantage of every opportunity that comes your way. You have to put in consistent work and effort in order to obtain the results you want out of business. Invest in yourself early by reading personal development series and don’t be afraid to reach out to your elders for mentorship.